WDWNT hires Walt Disney World reporters from Orlando
As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for additional local reporters to add to our Orlando workforce. WDWNT’s Orlando Reporter staff visit Walt Disney World parks mornings and afternoons several days a week to update on new developments in construction, food and beverage offerings, merchandise, and more. Please note that this position requires a certain amount of time and availability each week and the start date is immediate.
Job description for reporter in Orlando
A typical day as a WDWNT Orlando reporter is arriving at your assigned Walt Disney World theme park or resort before the park opens. They report through photos, videos and social media of new developments in all four parks and resorts, including new construction, renovation / renovation, new merchandise, new food and beverage offerings, crowds, maintenance issues and more. You will also write a daily photo report documenting your visit and relevant updates on the parks you visited that day.
With WDWNT being the world leader in Disney parks news, it’s imperative that we report quickly, accurately, and thoroughly on all changes, big and small, in Disney parks – starting with our reporters.
- Availability to visit parks in the mornings and afternoons at least 4 days a week – occasionally some evening hours are required for special occasions, changes to nightly entertainment or testing, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and passion for Disney parks and resorts
- A Walt Disney World annual pass in platinum or gold
- The desire to be the first to get the latest Disney park news, quickly and accurately
- Time management and prioritization skills to ensure that the most important messages are handled first
- Be detail-oriented and be able to observe and capture even the smallest details
- Experience in writing and / or reporting
- Photography experience, preferably with DSLR or mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. If you already have your own camera equipment, please let us know in the application
- Videography experience including filming, editing, and publishing
- Technical media skills such as WordPress, YouTube and Twitter
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
The WDWNT Orlando reporter position starts at $ 15 an hour. If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application below. Applicants should provide full information and links on all relevant topics: photography, videography and sample writing; Social media websites; or other relevant technical or creative experience. We will reach out to qualified candidates to discuss the next steps in the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in working with WDWNT!