VelociCoaster opens Thursday at Universal Orlando
Jurassic World: VelociCoaster opens Thursday at Universal Orlando
Universal Orlando Resort will officially open its newest exciting ride on Thursday.
ORLANDO, Florida. – Universal Orlando Resort will officially open its newest thrill on Thursday June 10th.
“Jurassic World: VelociCoaster” is located in the “Islands of Adventure” park and has been described as “a series of intense maneuvers that catapult guests up to 70 miles per hour and more than 50 meters into the air with the fastest prehistoric predators” “from the theme park company.
CONNECTED: Woman says she lost wig while driving Universal’s “Velocicoaster”
Ride the Jurassic World VelociCoaster
The Jurassic World VelociCoaster opens on June 10th in Universal Orlando. David Martin from FOX 35 chats with enthusiasts who have been there several times.
They said drivers should be prepared for this:
- Accelerate with two pulsating starts, the fastest of which reaches 70 mph in 2.4 seconds
- Experience a one-of-a-kind 360 degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon
- Experience an inverted stable in weightlessness that sends the riders upside down over a distance of 30 meters in a breathtaking maneuver that is the first of its kind
- Soar in the air while the soaring “top hat” propels riders 155 feet in the air and then instantly into an 80-degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop to date
- Prepare for a total of 12 heartbreaking seconds of airtime – the exhilarating feeling of weightlessness riders feel when they are lifted from their seats – throughout the adventure
The Jurassic World VelociCoaster will also reportedly be the world’s first roller coaster based on the blockbuster franchise and feature an original story “that expands the thrills, dinosaurs, and environments fans have seen on the big screen”.
CONNECTED: Jurassic World VelociCoaster: Look in the queue
In line for Jurassic World: VelociCoaster
FOX 35 is queuing for Universal Orlando’s newest thrill, Jurassic World: VelociCoaster.
Guests will join the cast of the films – Chris Pratt as Owen Grady; Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing; and BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu – on a high-speed chase next to a nimble Velociraptor package. The queue is filled with allusions to the film series.
Tune on to FOX 35 Orlando for the latest news from central Florida.