Universal Parks News is today hiring Universal Orlando Reporters based in Orlando
As Universal Parks News Today continues to grow, we are looking for additional local reporters to add to our Orlando workforce. UPNT’s Orlando Reporter staff visit the parks at Universal Orlando Resort mornings and afternoons several days a week to update on new developments in construction, food and beverage offerings, merchandise, and more. Please note that this position requires a certain amount of time and availability each week and the start date is immediate.
Job description for reporter in Orlando
A typical day as a UPNT Orlando reporter involves arriving at your assigned Universal Orlando Resort theme park or resort prior to the park opening. They report through photos, videos and social media of new developments in all parks and resorts, including new construction, renovation / renovation, new merchandise, new food and beverage offerings, crowds, maintenance issues and more. You will also write a daily photo report documenting your visit and relevant updates on the parks you visited that day.
With UPNT being the leader in the Universal Parks news, it is imperative that we report quickly, accurately, and thoroughly on all changes, large and small, in the parks – starting with our reporters.
- Availability to visit parks at least 3 days a week in the mornings and afternoons – occasionally some evening hours are required for special occasions, changes to nightly entertainment or testing, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and passion for universal parks and resorts
- A Universal Orlando Resort Annual Pass
- The desire to be the first to get the latest news from the parks at Universal Orlando Resort, quickly and accurately
- Time management and prioritization skills to ensure that the most important messages are handled first
- Be detail-oriented and be able to observe and grasp even the smallest details
- Experience in writing and / or reporting
- Photography experience, preferably with DSLR or mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. If you already have your own camera equipment, please let us know in the application
- Videography experience including filming, editing, and publishing
- Technical media skills such as WordPress, YouTube and Twitter
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
The UPNT Orlando Reporter’s position starts at $ 15 per hour. If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application below. Applicants should provide full information and links on all relevant topics: photography, videography and sample writing; Social media websites; or any other relevant technical or creative experience. We will reach out to qualified candidates to discuss the next steps in the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in working with Universal Parks News Today!