Food And Drinks
Universal Orlando will share more details about VelociCoaster ahead of its June opening
Universal Orlando Resort is sharing details about the Velociraptors in its most exciting coaster to date – Jurassic World VelociCoaster – ahead of the Thrill Ride debut on June 10 at the Universal Islands of Adventure.
- From the moment they step on the attraction, riders are confronted with Velociraptors from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s blockbuster films “Jurassic World” – including favorite fan Blue as well as Charlie, Delta and Echo – as they prepare to go Join the hunt wild pack in an epic high speed chase.
- Here are some of the breathtaking encounters that await guests in this new breed of roller coaster:
- Guests can peer into the Raptor paddock as they venture through the queue – and watch the hunt they begin before their very eyes. Flashing red lights and a loud rumble draw guests to a cluster of neighboring windows, where they witness the physical coaster rush by at exhilarating speeds of 100 km / h while the Raptor package is on the hunt.
- Next in line are the stables, where the scent of wet dirt and vegetation from the paddock permeates the air, which means one thing: Velociraptors are nearby. This is where they’ll come across Delta and Echo scanning the room and examining the drivers driving by – occasionally testing the boundaries of the foster stations that are currently holding them back. This impressive moment will be the first personal encounter guests will have with the Raptors – and they will be so close that guests will even feel their breath.
- Then the hunt officially begins when guests get into vehicles and embark on an intense roller coaster adventure that narrowly escapes Blue, Charlie, Delta, and Echo as they spin, turn, and fly through the paddock.
- And these are just the highlights; Even more thrills and surprises await guests at Jurassic World VelociCoaster.
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster opens on June 10th on the Universal Islands of Adventure and becomes the ultimate coaster for thrill enthusiasts and the 2021 must-ride theme park experience.
- The original cast from the films – Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and BD Wong – repeat their roles as Owen Grady, Claire Dearing, and Dr. Henry Wu in the exciting new attraction that takes guests on an extreme adventure through the Raptor paddock and beyond with the Velociraptor Pack of Movies.
- Riders will scream through a series of incredible near misses and maneuvers, including two high-speed starts – the fastest reaches 70 mph in 2.4 seconds – a total of 12 seconds of weightlessness, a caster just inches above the Islands of Adventure lagoon and the signature ” Top Hat, “which will send riders 155 feet into the air and then instantly onto an 80-degree drop.
- Universal Orlando continues its improved health and safety procedures and guidelines that focus on “Screening, Distance and Disinfection”.
- Key measures include screening guests and team members, enforcing social distancing, requiring face coverings, limiting capacity at theme parks, attractions and hotels, and improving the already aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures.
- Universal Orlando has also introduced its own contactless payment method – Universal Pay – which can be accessed through the official Universal Orlando Resort app. With this feature, guests can quickly scan to pay for purchases at most goods and fast food restaurants in the theme parks and on CityWalk directly from the in-app wallet.