Universal Orlando $ 15 Minimum Wage + Lake County Hotels + Housing
Good morning and have a nice Friday. My name is Carlos Hernandez and I’m back to keep you updated on the latest happening in the Orlando area.
You can find out more about this in this issue new hotel concepts are coming to Lake County, the At the latest because of charges against a former Orlando City SC player, a Housing project between a local church in Orlando and an LGBTQ + organization, and more. Grab your coffee and let’s get started.
The weather today: High of 95 and low of 72 with mostly sunny skies.
Here are the top 5 stories about Orlando:
1. Universal Studios Orlando announced that they are Team member base salary increased to $ 15 per hour effective June 27thAccording to an email to the staff. That comes after Weeks-long strikes across the country at fast food companies for $ 15 minimum wages and Increased pressure on companies to find workforce after the pandemic. (Orlando Weekly)
2. More than During the pandemic, 57,000 eviction cases were filed in Florida from March 2020 to mid-December, but that did not result in any action or movement by the Florida legislature. Orlando Sentinel delved deep into Florida history with tenant law on a series. (Orlando Sentinel)
3. 4 hotel concepts are planned in Lake County, Increase in supply by almost 11% planned with budget and boutique concepts. Currently is Lake County Home to only 36 hotels with about 2,500 guest rooms, but that will change as central Florida grows and expands. (Orlando Business Journal)
4th fees were dropped against former Orlando City soccer player Jonathan Suárez-Cortes, and his brother who were arrested in February on charges of sexually beating a woman. (Click on Orlando)
5. A. The local church in Orlando works with the Zebra Coalition. an organization dedicated to the provision of housing and Support services for LGBTQ + youthto Refurbish a residential motel. (Orlando Sentinel)
Today in Orlando:
- Meeting of the Community Advisory Board of the Community Action Board. (9 am)
- Tai Chi in the garden at the Mead Botanical Garden. (10.30 a.m.)
- Shine in the park in Apopka. Get the views of hot air balloons and rides for a special time this Memorial Day weekend. (4 p.m.)
- HORIZON at the Lot 54 @ The vanguard. Enjoy a 2-day electronic dance music festival over Memorial Day weekend. (17 o’clock)
- Family sunset in the zoo at the Central Florida Zoo in the Sanford. (17 o’clock)
- Orlando Carnival Downtown Weekend. Enjoy a carnival-style celebration in Festival Park all weekend. The fun starts tonight. (6 p.m.)
- Orlando Solar Bears versus Florida Everblades in the Amway Center. (19 o’clock)
- C.lassic Albums Live: Tom Petty ‘Damn the Torpedoes’ at the Hard Rock Cafe & Live Orlando. (19 o’clock)
Orlando Patch Notebook:
- Arkansas Slim Chickens Chicken Chain wants to expand to Orlando.
- A new Winter Park Cafe called KOS offers coffee for a good cause.
- The city of Orlando has a mobile COVID-19 vaccine site at the Orlando Fringe Festival on May 28th and 29th from 4pm to 10pm with Johnson and Johnson vaccines. Walk-ups only.
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Selected classification: Gigs and Services – $ 99 Driveway Cleaning Savings Spectacular – NRC Pressure Wash
That’s all for today. I’ll be back in Orlando tomorrow with the latest event. My inbox is open for tips on how to send or want to contact us: [email protected]
About Me: I have lived in Florida since 1999 and have covered the Orlando area for nearly 10 years, mostly focusing on food on my blog at CarlosEats.com.