United Means of Central Oklahoma Raises $ 20 Million for Well being and Human Companies Program
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The United Way of Central Oklahoma raised just over $ 20 million for health and health programs across central Oklahoma.
A total of $ 20,428,686 was raised. That money came from 19,000 donors and 700 workplace campaigns in support of health and relief programs in central Oklahoma, according to a United Way of Central Oklahoma press release.
“During an exceptional year, we were humble to exceed our 2020 campaign goal,” said Debby Hampton, president and CEO of United Way of Central Oklahoma. “The generosity of our donors is always unmatched, but given the unprecedented challenges of the past year, the overwhelming support we have received is truly remarkable. With the dedicated leadership of our campaign co-chairs Judy Love and Mike Turpen and the generous support of each donor, corporate partner, and volunteer, United Way remains a community partner that Central Oklahoma can rely on – especially at a time when this is required most. “
The $ 20.4 million mark is the culmination of several campaigns and initiatives throughout 2020. These campaigns are as follows:
- United Way of Central Oklahoma – $ 14,620,265 helped support 56 partner agencies serving central Oklahoma.
- State Charity Campaign – $ 292,649 was donated through Oklahoma State employee campaigns.
- Heart of the City Campaign – $ 520,167 raised through Oklahoma City employee campaigns.
- United Way of Logan County – $ 177,490 raised in support of 10 partner agencies serving Logan County.
- United Way of Canadian County – $ 185,449 supported 16 partner agencies in the Canadian county.
- EmbraceOKC – $ 722,725 contributed to improving behavioral health in Oklahoma City public schools.
- Donor Directed – $ 496,500 donated by donors and forwarded to certain United Way of Central Oklahoma partner agencies.
- COVID-19 Response Fund – $ 2,908,441 helped assist United Way of Central Oklahoma, Canada and Logan Counties partner agencies in meeting COVID-19-related needs.
- Ice Storm Response Fund – $ 505,000 contributed to emergency relief following the ice storm in October 2020.
United Way of Central Oklahoma distributes donations to the community through 56 partner agencies that care for the needs of health and people.
“All programs are thoroughly reviewed annually to ensure that contributions are being invested properly and with the utmost accountability,” the press release said.
A 20th annual United Way Gala celebrates the 2020 fundraiser – scheduled for June 11, 2021 – at the Omni Oklahoma City Hotel.
“During the event, award winners, volunteers and partner agencies will be recognized for their enormous efforts in 2020, followed by the start of the annual campaign in 2021,” says the press release.
Suggest a correction
Suggest a correction