Lifestyle

The tire titanium Harvey Firestone opened the Orlando train station in 1930

the-tire-titanium-harvey-firestone-opened-the-orlando-train-station-in-1930

More than 40 years after it opened, the building was still home to a Firestone store when it was declared an Official Orlando Historic Landmark in 1983 at the instigation of Firestone agents. Today the city has more than 50 such landmarks, but the program was relatively new when the Firestone Building joined a growing list that began with venerable structures like the Atlantic Coastline and Church Street stations, which were declared official landmarks in 1978.

0 Comments
Share

Janet Smith