RareTea Orlando is coming soon + Osceola deputy suspended for payment
Good Morning. My name is Carlos Hernandez and I’m back to update you on the latest happening in the Orlando area.
In this issue you will learn more about a a new California tea store is coming to Orlando, a mall purchase by an NBA player, a hiring need for bus drivers, and a summer school replacement, and more.
The weather today: The high is 93 and the low 73 with partly cloudy skies.
Here are the top 5 stories about Orlando:
1. Driver and substitute driver are needed like Demand surge for Lake County summer school. The school district pays the cost of training and acquiring a commercial driver’s license. (Spectrum News 13)
2. NBA player Victor Oladipo, who once played for Orlando Magic bought a 46,000 square foot mall near Universal Orlando for $ 7.6 million. (Orlando Business Journal)
3. Vibrana music festival announced more headliners for an upcoming reggaeton festival in Orlando. The latest artists to be added are Myke Towers, Jowell y Randy, Cazzu, Luar La L, Hozwal, Dimelo Flow, Gigolo y La Exce, Jay Maly, Eix and VF7. (Orlando weekly)
4. To The deputy sheriff of Osceola County was suspended for payment after this beat a man who is handcuffed to a hospital bed It is believed to be a “psychological crisis”. After an investigation, the MP could face a battery charge due to an administrative offense. (Orlando Guardian)
5. A. California tea concept from Berkeley called RareTea travels to Florida with a with Downtown Orlando Location. It will be one of the first special Boba shops in the area. The franchisee also owns Jinya Ramen in the same area. (Orlando Business Journal)
Today in Orlando:
- Osceola County Development Review Committee meeting. (9 am)
- Orange County Community Action Committee meeting (TAXI). (4 p.m.)
- Breaking barriers between LGBTQ + and religious communities in the United Methodist Church of St. Luke. Virtual and personal participation. (19 o’clock)
Orlando Patch Notebook:
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Selected classification: Appearances and services – Affordable blinds for your Florida home
That’s all for today. I’ll be back in Orlando tomorrow with the latest happenings. My inbox is open for tips on how to send or want to contact us: [email protected]
About Me: I have lived in Florida since 1999 and have covered the Orlando area for nearly 10 years, mostly focusing on food through my blog at CarlosEats.com.