Orlando VA offers vaccine to veterans receiving VA care
ORLAND, Florida – Orlando VA Healthcare Center offers COVID-19 vaccines to all veterans treated at a VA clinic.
Veterans receive either the Pfizer, Moderna, or Janssen vaccine for free.
The vaccine will be offered at five foster locations this week through a combination of appointments and walk-ins until supplies are depleted.
Veterans must be enrolled and eligible for VA health care benefits. They must also be able to return to the clinic where they received their first shot for a second dose.
Here are the locations:
- Lake Nona:
- Pfizer Vaccine – All Ages. March 23-27: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dates and walk-ins. Orlando VA Medical Center, Lake Nona Campus, 4th floor auditorium. 13800 Veterans Way, Orlando, FL 32827.
- Janssen vaccine (very limited supply) – All ages. March 27: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. By appointment only. Orlando VA Medical Center, Lake Nona campus. Drive through: West Side of the Medical Center just behind the West parking garage. 13800 Veterans Way, Orlando, FL 32827.
- Lake Baldwin: Pfizer Vaccine
- Every age. March 23-26: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Appointments and visits until 1:00 p.m. Lake Baldwin VA Medical Center, Auditoriums B. 5201 Raymond St., Orlando, FL 32803.
- Daytona Beach VA Clinic: Moderna Vaccine
- Every age. 23 to 26 March: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. By appointment only.
- Viera VA: Modern vaccine
- Appointments only for 65+, key frontline workers, and veterans with underlying medical conditions, as set by the CDC.
- Palm Bay: Janssen vaccine (very limited supply)
- Dates only for 65 and older. March 27, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Palm Bay VA CBOC, 5200 Babcock St. NE, Palm Bay, FL 32905.
To make an appointment call 407.631.0499 (available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
Veterans who are not enrolled or not currently receiving care with VA can visit the VA Eligibility website for more information: Eligibility for VA Health Care | Veterans affairs.