Aviation Week Network’s MRO Americas concluded today in Orlando with a sold-out conference and 8,500 registered attendees
NEW YORK, April 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The aviation MRO community gathered in person for the first time in over a year this week in Orlando for the Aviation Week Network’s 26th Annual MRO Americas (#MROAM). The event was held at the Orange County Convention Center with one conference sold out and more than 8,500 registered attendees, with more than 75% choosing the in-person experience. The aviation community generated nearly $ 20 million for the Orlando economy. The event coincided with the Military Aviation Logistics & Maintenance Symposium (#MALMS), which was also sold out.
Anyone who was unable to travel to Orlando can participate virtually by registering here. Conference sessions are available upon request and networking will take place May 4-5.
“We were so excited by the incredible turnout and response from attendees who were engaged in networking, signing contracts and receiving premium content from top industry speakers,” said Lydia Janow, executive director of events at Aviation Week Network . “We are thrilled with the industry has come together to support one another, and we are in high demand for our upcoming events, including next year’s MRO Americas, which will be held in Dallas April 26-28 . “
The conference featured speakers from American Airlines, Boeing, Airbus, Ameriflight and others on how the industry is evolving after a year of incredible challenges and change. Speakers include:
- David Seymour, COO of American Airlines
- Bobbi Wells, Vice President, Safety and Airworthiness, Aviation Operations, FedEx Express
- Paul Kinstedt, SVP & COO, Republic Airways
- Paul Chase, Ameriflight CEO
- Danielle Vardaro, Head of Global Customer Service and Aftermarket Sales Embraer
- John Brooks, Manager, Commercial Airframe Parts, Boeing Global Services
- Giovanni Spitale, Vice President of Commercial Parts at Boeing Global Services
- Daniel Wenniger, VP, Upgrade Services, Airbus
- Dana Donati, GM & Director of Academic Programs, LIFT Academy, A Republic Airways Company
- Pat Foley, CEO of Lufthansa Technik Puerto Rico
- Nicole Huque, Managing Director, Global Aviation, Aerospace & Defense, Krauthamer & Associates (K&A)
- Parimal (PK) Kopardekar PhD, Director, NASA Aeronautics Research Institute (NARI), NASA Ames Research Center
- Karine Lavoie-Tremblay, Director, Relationship, Digital Technologies
- Pratt & Whitney
- Naveen Poonian, CEO of iBASE
- Keren Rambow, Marketing Services Executive, GE Aviation
- Fred Sontag, VP Sales, Americas & VP Distribution Solutions Group, GA Telesis
- Caroline Vandedrinck, SVP Business Development, SR Technics
“The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) was thrilled to welcome MRO Americas of the Aviation Week Network and its members back to Orlando,” said Mark Tester, Executive Director of OCCC. “This week, MRO Americas received thousands of participants in our north-south building. I’ve seen firsthand how tiered attendance, appropriate social distancing through signage, floor stickers, and safety protocols have been implemented to create a safe and controlled gathering. We have a great reputation for customer service, flexibility, and the right thing. We also have good relationships with our customers and a supportive community that is focused on the health and safety of our guests. “
The Military Aviation Logistics & Maintenance Symposium was supported by Elbit Systems of America, FTI, L3 Harris, the Logistics Officers Association (LOA), Robbins Gioia, and Teledyne Controls.
MRO Americas was supported by our sponsors. Platinum sponsors are Airbus, Chromalloy, GE Aviation, Honeywell, Lufthansa Technik and ST Engineering. Gold sponsors are ATS, Avparts International, BPAero, CTS-Motoren, Embraer, GlobalParts Aero, IFS, LCI, MB Aerospace, Nordam, Spirit Aerosystems, Vertical Aerospace and VSE Aviation.
VIA THE AVIATION WEEK’S NETWORK
Aviation Week Network is the largest provider of multimedia information and services to the global aerospace, aerospace and defense industries, serving 1.7 million professionals worldwide. Industry professionals rely on the Aviation Week Network to understand the marketplace, make decisions, predict trends, and connect with people and business opportunities. Customers include the world’s leading aerospace manufacturers and suppliers, airlines, airports, aerospace companies, military, governments, and other organizations serving this global market. The Aviation Week Network portfolio offers award-winning journalism, data, intelligence and analytics resources, world-class trade shows and conferences, and results-driven marketing services and advertising that help our clients succeed. The Aviation Week Network is part of Informa Markets, a division of Informa PLC.
ABOUT INFORMA MARKETS
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialty markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio includes more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, infrastructure, construction and real estate, fashion and clothing, hospitality, food and beverage, and health and nutrition. We offer customers and partners around the world the opportunity to engage, gain experience, and do business through personal exhibits, specialized digital content, and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibition organizer, we bring a large number of specialist markets to life, open up opportunities and help them to be successful 365 days a year. More information is available at www.informamarkets.com.